WHEN POWER is OUT
WHEN POWER IS OUT
Get prepared before an outage. If you lose power:
- Turn off and unplug all electronics
- Do not use a grill or camp stove indoors
- Leave one light on so you'll know when the power comes back
- Keep refrigerator doors closed (it stays cool for 4 hours)
- Call 911 (510-642-3333 via cell) if trapped in an elevator
- If you are evacuated, do not re-enter until allowed by emergency personnel
- Visit berkeley.edu for updates
WHEN to STOP WORKING
WHEN TO STOP WORKING
Be prepared to stop what you're doing until utilities are back on.
- Life safety systems such as alarms, sprinklers, emergency lighting, and fume hoods may not work, particularly during a prolonged outage.
- You will be notified if activities or classes are canceled.
- Be prepared to stop what you're doing until utilities are back on.